On its 4th year, Sun Life Financial Philippines will partake once again the action in Ironman 70.3 in Cebu on August 6. Sun Life Tri-Team is led by its very own executives, advisors, and brand ambassador, Piolo Pascual. The team will be fielding a total of five relay teams and one individual racer. So far, it is the biggest contingency since it started joining the prestigious race in 2013.
It was last August 5 at Shang Ri La Hotel where Sun Life Tri Team got introduced. The team composes of 5 relay teams and the members of each are as follow:
- Enchong Dee (for swimming category)
- Piolo Pascual (for bike category)
- And Toniel (run category)
- Sun Life Board Director Paco Sandejas (swim category)
- Sun Life Advisors Eboy de Leon (bike category) and Mike Miras (run category)
Team 3: Sun Life’s all female team
- Former Olympian and TV host Christine Jacob Sandejas (swim category)
- Laarni de Guzman (bike category)
- Sun Life Health and Wellness Marketing Manager Jayme “Tne Bull Runner” Pizarro (run category)
- Jam Michael Chiu (swim category)
- Karl Villalonga (bike category)
- Alfred Diacosa (run category)
- Sun Life advisors KB Espinosa (swim category) and Rocia Pantaleon (bike category)
- Toots Malapad (run category)
And Sun Life’s Strategy and Financial Management Group Hazel Ferrer-Misa will compete in the individual category.
As for the recent update, Sun Life Tri Team’s all-female group won the 2nd place in the Women’s Relay! Congratulations to Laarni de Guzman, Christine Jacob-Sandejas, and Jaymie Pizarro! Overall, the team won 11 places in the said event! Kudos to everyone!
One of the best things about the Ironman this year is that the medal that will be awarded to racers was once again designed by multi-awarded industrial designer and a Sun Life ambassador, Kenneth Cobonpue.
One of the highlights of the event last August 5, is that Sun Life would like to introduce to every Filipino that they have been boosting its health and wellness initiatives with GoWell, a community that promotes holistic wellness through a fit and active lifestyle, healthy eating, and living a balanced life. You can visit their site at www.gowell.com.ph